Originally this location was a neighborhood deli, as the area developed and rapidly grew in size St.James was in need of a neighborhood restaurant.
In the 1950’s Boston Pizza opened its first restaurant here, and after several years of operating as such, Boston Pizza relocated and Olympia Diner was born.
Olympia Diner was purchased by George Spiridakos and family in the summer of 2000. George always had the dream of owning his own restaurant, so when Olympia was finally his, he put his head down and eagerly went at it. The mission was to serve up Winnipeg’s best Greek food, and after years of hard work Olympia has become the city favorite it is today.
After 20 years of serving the people of Winnipeg, Olympia Diner carries on with its established tradition, now under new ownership. As proud Manitoban’s, the Vlahos’ have worked in Winnipeg’s hospitality industry for decades.
Dexter, with family roots in Livadeia, Greece, is a red seal chef, and has owned as well as operated various restaurants and kitchens. Franca, with family roots in Termini Imerese, Italy, has a managerial background in private dinning, specialty food and wine, and events catering.
Our goal is to continue to build on everything Olympia Diner has stood for, namely fresh ingredients and quality service, and we are committed to bringing our passion for food to your table!